Sunday, February 24, 2013

The new normal

Well long story short my progesterone just will not stay stable, or go up.  After finding out last week that they dropped again.. to 16.45 (a lot of research says the levels should be around 15 to sustain), my doctor decided to switch me from the progesterone suppositories to the injections.   The good thing: I only have to do the injections once a day compared to doing the suppositories 3 times a day (including once at school which is challenging.. having to find a spot to lay down afterward is impossible).  Bad thing:  They hurt like H***.  And Dr. Lyons made it clear that after we start these we will not be testing my levels anymore because basically this is the "last straw".  Nothing more we can change or try to get the levels to a "safe" zone. 

When I heard that last part my heart stopped for a moment.  Its definitely scary to think that at 7 weeks my numbers were already borderline "too low" and I have 5 more weeks to get me to the point that my placenta takes over the production of this damn hormone.  But.  I still feel good about everything (well besides these numbers).  I feel extremely sick still.  Im super tired.  My boobs hurt.  My waist band is expanding. And my menu is CRAZY weird.  These are all great signs.  And I keep thinking about our little baby up on the big screen.  (Although we all know that despite the "percentages" it is in fact possible to lose a baby AFTER seeing it on an ultrasound and finding a heartbeat...). 

So.  The shots.  OH. MY.  We went in to meet with a procedural nurse Friday who explained everything and had Jeff do a practice run with sterile fluid.  It hurt so incredibly bad!!!  The needle is quite large and long due to the fact that the progesterone is in oil so its thicker.  We do them in the bum and afterward I couldn't put weight on that side and I had to limp out of the office awkwardly (not to mention drive home!!)  Saturday evening we did the first true injection with the progesterone.  It actually wasn't as bad as the day before but it did hurt, and I am quite sore today.  I do them every night so it will be interesting to see how Im walking by the end of this first week! But I REFUSE to feel sorry for myself.  There are women out there doing these shots everyday in hopes it will allow them to GET pregnant.  I still have to remind myself that we are so blessed with Aiden and I get pregnant very easily, which is an unbelievable blessing in itself.  We are doing everything we can to keep this baby growing and I am still putting all of my hope and faith in God (and these shots :) ) and I know he will take care of us. We just have a "new normal" to get used to. 

Keep praying for us.  For this little baby.  That we continue to keep the hope alive.  And that Jeff continues to do a great job stabbing me in the bum each night.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying. Always praying.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete


  2. wow am excited now am now a mother of my own thank god

    I want to thank you for the good work you have done for me,at first I thought it was a scam not until I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother Dr climent is a great herbal herbs doctor, He did it for me, you can contact him on ( drclimentscott@gmail.com drclimentscott@gmail.com ). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease:: (Whats App number +2347036879479 +2347036879479 ) 1. Trying to get pregnant 2. Infection 3. Blockage from the fallopian Tube 4. Cyst from the ovaries 5. Unpleasant smell from the virginal 6. Irregular menstruation 7. Infertility for easy Conception.. 8. skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor 9. Fibroid 10.HIV AIDS Etc.. Simply contact the Dr Scott on (drclimentscott@gmail.com ) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life.

    ReplyDelete